And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14

Friday, January 2, 2009

Promised to the King

Well, I finally did it - I made a blog. I thought for my first post I would tell you why I picked the title that I did. It really has dual meanings for me.

First, God has been so faithful to our family by keeping His promises to us. Four years ago, Lance and I were very surprised to find out that we were pregnant. During that same year, we learned his mom had pancreatic cancer. God always knows what he is doing.

In August of 2005 we welcomed a beautiful new addition to our family. In July 2006 we temporarily parted with a wonderful woman of God. These have been the two major events that have shaped our life for the past two years. And through the joys and heartaches, God has kept His promises - His promise to lead us, to guide us, to heal us, to give us hope, to restore us, to calm us, to protect us, to provide for us, to never leave us. We would not be who we are were it not for His fulfilled promises.

There is another promise that I know He will fulfill in His time, and that is His promise to bring me to that special place that He has gone to prepare for me where I can live forever with him and those who love Him. I am promised to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who created me and then paid a very high price for me. He is coming back for me. While I am waiting, I want to make every moment count.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey Ali,
I'm so glad you decided to create a blog. I am going to look forward to reading your entries! BTW I am not ignoring you. I got your voicemail the other day. We have been in Louisiana and got home on Wednesday. It has been crazy. Anyway...I will let you know when we are coming again so Drew can come swing on Mack's new swingset. Love--Lindsey

Jenn said...

I am sooo excited to know that you are on blogger now. You are such an incredible friend and I love you so much, even though there are days that I don't tell you enough. I love your family and I love your heart. Can't wait to hear what you post and how God is using you.

Heather said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm sure you will love it, and I look forward to reading about you and your family! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Ali! Congrats on starting a blog. I'm looking forward to reading it and being encouraged and uplifted (as I always feel after I've spent time with you). I hope your new year is already off to a great start! Let's get the girls together soon; I'm sure Audrey would love to show Mackenzie her new kitchen set "Santa" brought her for Christmas! I'll call you soon. Love, Whit

The Kyler said...

Yea, I am glad you decided to joy in on the blogging craze! You are such an amazing friend and I can't wait to read the amazing things God is doing in your life!
Love, Lin

Lance said...

I have missed hearing your thoughts. (Lets hear more about that wonderful man in your life) You are an amazing person, and I thank God that he put you in my life.

Love,

Lance