And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Momma!

Today is my mom's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, but I will tell you that I think she is still young :) I love my mom so much. She is one of the most important people in my life. To honor her today, I wanted to share 10 things about life that I have learned from my mom...
10. You can show people that you love them by knowing how they take their coffee.
9. Eating crackers in bed is OK if it's on Daddy's side and he's not home :)
8. Use the china at Christmas, and really anytime, because it does no good in the cabinet. Plus it really does make the dinner more special.
7. Wear a dress sometimes, even if it is more uncomfortable, because being a lady has value.
6. Don't quit something half way through. There really is a reward in finishing something difficult.
5. Value your teachers and your children's teachers. They are there because they want to teach you, not for the money!
4. Value family traditions and make time for them. They may be your legacy.
3. Be a doer. God has put us in the game, not on the sidelines.
2. Never leave the house without telling your family that you love them. You may not have another chance.
1. Put God first in your life and He will lead you through everything in life. He never leaves you.

Happy Birthday Momma! I love you!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

how special. this is something every girl should do for their mother...then, they should show their mother..lol. I did this once and it took me about a year to share it with my mom. not sure why but that's the truth..lol.

happy birthday, mary!! hope your day is special!!