And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Perserverance

Tomorrow is the first day of Lance's last semester of school. I know that he is ready to get it over with. I know that he is tired of all the studying, tests, and projects that come along with college, and I am praying that God will give him the strength to make it through one more semester.

I also thank God for a husband who chooses God's way, even when it's not the easy way. When I think about his college career, I am so proud of him. He could have chosen the easy road and found a job with his first degree, but instead he chose to answer God's calling and perservere through four more years of school because he knows that God's ways are higher than our ways. And when the studying got long and the nights got late, he never waivered. I think it's because his eyes are not fixed on a BS in Mechanical Engineering, his eyes are fixed on the Great Engineer - the one who designed a perfect plan for His life.

So Lance, as we embark on your final semester of school, I just want you to know how very inspired I am by you. Your perserverance is a testimony of the peace of the Holy Spirit and the joy of your salvation. Thank you for accepting His call. It's an amazing journey to walk through life beside you because you choose to follow God's direction. I love you.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am so proud to know you and Lance. You have both been such great and very constant friends. Never have either of you waivered in your trust in Christ and I admire you both so much. I love you, each one, and you are truly precious family friends that God has put in our lives. I prayed for a long time that as Ryan and I grew together that He would provide for us friends that would be constant and you, Lance, Marcus, and Lindsey have been that for us...thanks so much for sharing your life with Ryan and me...and, thank you so much for loving our child as well. It's very encouraging to see Lance play with Cade and I love to watch Ryan play with Mack. It just warms my heart so much.

I love you so much and pray for you constantly. Congrats, Lance, on your final semester of college. You will do great!!

melanie said...

Woohoo, the last semester!! Praising with y'all for that! I'm so glad you started a blog and I look forward to reading it! :)