And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What's Cooking?

I love Christmas time. My mom always made it very special for my family by keeping Jesus at the center and filling the holidays with good food and good company. Since I am grown, I now enjoy helping to share some of that burden of cooking up Christmas.

So that's what I am planning on doing all day tomorrow. I am going to start out with cooking gumbo, which we will enjoy for lunch on Friday at my house with my parents, sister & family, and aunt & uncle. Then I am going to make puppy chow to bring to Laurie and Micah's on Christmas Eve night. I am also going to brown meat to add to the cheese dip that I will make on Friday night and start the Ding-Dong Cake for Christmas Day. That has to be frozen so that I can cut it into four pieces so I need to get an early start.

I am also making celery with pineapple cream cheese, a fruit salad that my family calls pink salad, and corn casserole. Good thing I have been going to Zumba! I better keep exercising or I will be rolling in to church on Sunday. :)

I also have a goal. My goal is to not enter another store until after Christmas. I have done my Christmas shopping and my grocery shopping so I am hoping that I do not have to get in one more line or swipe my credit card one more time. Can I do it? I guess we shall see!

No comments: