And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

From the Mouths of Babes

Tomorrow my husband and I are leaving for Austin with my mom and three close friends, Lindsey Vannett, Kacy Havard and Karen Croft.  We are hoping to see dozens more when we get there who are headed that way for the same reason that we are.

I spent a lot of time preparing for this trip, and I have bathed it in prayer, as I know many of you have too.  During my quiet time yesterday, I spent a few moments just being still and knowing that God is GOD.

He brought to my mind a time this summer when Mackenzie received the opportunity to be on the local news because she was awarded a scholarship from Kohl's for her philanthropic efforts to support children in Haiti.  She told the reporter that she plans to use the scholarship to get a teaching degree from Texas A&M.

I watched the video of the news story about my sweet baby.  It was titled "Fighting a giant at age 8."  In the story she says, "Anybody, any age or any size can do anything."

(If the video below doesn't work, click this link to view the news story)



Anbody any age or any size can do anything - Mackenzie Howell

Her passion for her cause is unquenchable because she believes that.  As an adult, sometimes I look at the giant and feel defeated before the fight even begins.  May I have her faith and her passion in my life too.  Not because I am big, I am strong or I am important.  I am not any of those things.  But because God is big, He is strong and He is important.  All I have to be is obedient.

THANK YOU for your prayers!

If you would like to learn more about Mackenzie's efforts in Haiti, visit our blog ahowellinhaiti.blogspot.com or check out her book at https://www.etsy.com/listing/158879836/leilas-big-difference-a-childrens-book

3 comments:

Baby Ratcliff's Grandmother Richard said...

God bless you as you travel to Austin to fight for all Texas children. I emailed you my letter this afternoon. I hope you received; if not, you might check your spam folder. Thanks again.
Sharon

Alison said...

Thank you so much Sharon. I received your very well written letter and have included it in the materials I am bringing to Austin to give to the committee members.

Baby Ratcliff's Grandmother Richard said...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arnold-dodge/genetically-modified-teac_b_6174742.html

Excellent.