And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Answered Prayers

I have not posted in forever so I thought I would update my blog friends on some exciting new things around the Howell house. Lance got a job! Praise the Lord!

He is working for Controlled Fluids in Beaumont. They build pumps and valves and stuff...I don't really understand it all, but that is why he is the engineer and not me :) His first day was yesterday. It is such an answer to prayer that he was able to secure a job in this really tough labor market. God was so faithful to provide for us while we were waiting and now He has sent this big blessing our way. We are so thankful to Him.

My bro-in-law & sis-in-law also had a beautiful healthy baby girl on February 9th. Her name is Brenlee Kate. She has a beautiful head of silky brown hair. Mackenzie and I have had a lot of fun spending time with her. This makes niece #2 for me,and I have a nephew on the way in April.

On another note, one of my best friends who has been struggling with infertility for over four years found out she is pregnant. I have prayed for her so much and care about her so much, and I was SUPER excited by her great news. She really inspires me.

Some of my other good friends have surrendered to the ministry and I know God has exciting things for their lives too. God is so good. In times like this when His blessings seem so real and abundant, I want to make sure and give Him the glory. He teaches us things while we are waiting so that when His time is made perfect we can glorify Him for his generous love.

No comments: