And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Go Dogs!


This is one of my favorite times of the year. I love football season! I love the peprallies, the games, the excitement. It is so much fun! This is Jenna's senior year so I am trying to enjoy it because I know I won't be as involved after this year until Mackenzie gets older at least.

Each week I help Jenna make three gifts - two for her little sisses and one for her locker boy. Some of the gifts that people exchange get pretty extravagant, which I do think is wasteful. But I do love helping Jenna prepare cutely wrapped spirited gifts each week.

I also love the football games. I love cheering on my team and traveling with them to support them at every game no matter where they go. I love eating pickels and peanuts in the stands and visiting with my friends.

I love scores that are so close and plays that are so important that it brings the stands to their feet. I love watching halftime. I love holding my breath as they throw Jenna up into the air in a cheer. I love the fight song. I could say more, but I will spare you.

Mackenzie loves it all too. She gets to do a lot of special things, like dance to the fight song out on the track because Jenna will carry her out there. Next year will be different when Jenna graduates so I am hoping Mack is soaking up every minute of the "special treatment" this year :)

I just thought I would share a picture of my precious daughter and beautiful sis. I love football and I really love both of you! Go Dogs!

3 comments:

Micah said...

What a precious picture! This is such a special time for all three of you. I'm glad you're taking every opportunity to soak it all up. Go Dogs!

Jenn said...

What a special time for Mack and Jenna. I know they love being together and Jenna especially enjoys showing Mack off to her friends. You are such an incredible "cheer mom" and I admire your involvement with all the cheerleader stuff.

melanie said...

I love that pic!! That is precious!